Monday, April 9, 2018

Inspiration on the 9s - My Girl Lana

This go-round, I wanna talk to you about one of my favorite inspirations, my friend Lana. I hope you will enjoy my latest Inspirational Spotlight!

How did I become acquainted with this person:
I met Lana a little over three years ago when she came to work for the same local running store as me. From the minute I met her, I just loved getting to work/hang out with her. Her demeanor just draws you in and makes you feel comfortable.Our running store is locally owned and the employees aren't just coworkers, we are a family. So it doesn't take long for strangers to become friends.

Tell Us More About This Person:
Lana is a military spouse and a mom to two adorable kiddos. She has lived in lots of different places and has done some cool things! She is mature beyond her years and I am always intrigued by how she juggles everything life hands her. On top of being a wife, mom, local running store associate, and personal trainer, Lana is also an ULTRA marathoner! Her journey to the ultra began with the Marine Corp Marathon here locally and then grew from there. And another neat fact about her is that she comes by the ultra marathon bug by genetics as her mom is ALSO an ultra marathoner!

What Makes this Person Inspirational to Me:
Perhaps my most favorite characteristic of Lana is the fact that she can't see how amazing she is. She is a decade younger than me and I feel like she has life more figured out than I ever will! There is a story she told me once that sticks with me when I find myself making excuses. She told me how she did Insanity workouts after her first child was born to get back in shape. I have tried these workouts and sometimes just watching them makes me exhausted! I can't imagine the dedication it takes to make yourself do these workouts while taking on the new role of motherhood. But that story is characteristic of Lana. She loves weight lifting. And had it now been for her, and talking to her about workouts, I don't think I would have stepped back into a gym and fallen back in love with weight lifting. I have thanked her repeatedly for inspiring me to test myself beyond my running. I wish she could know how much she has given me!

Just Some Extra Stuff:
I finished writing this entry after returning from our farewell party for Lana. Her family has moved on to their next adventure and the ability to run into her is now gone. But the lessons she has taught me and the plans I have for myself that have been inspired by her journey, are in my heart, just like her friendship. I can only wish that everyone who reads this is lucky enough to have a Lana in their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment